If your youngster is blessed with a good-size bedroom and you've got a connection with some talented craftspeople, the sky's the limit when it comes to imaginative design.
A room-height castle complete with whimsical guards makes this
little boy’s bedroom a dream come true. Designer: Mark Wilkinson
A castle-style storage unit features
lots of kid-size drawers plus cubbyholes
for fast work of straightening up.
To create a similar effect, a good understanding of the historical architectural icons that say "castle" is useful. This is, after all, a little boy's room, where bold and simple shapes work best.
Start with a big, kid-friendly idea, plan it out in detail, and you'll have a room memories are made of.
If you're looking for a space designed specifically for girls, check out the Feminine Charms idea on the next page.
Source : HowStuffWork
For more decorating ideas, see:
- Kids' Rooms
- Baby Nursery Decorating Ideas
- Toddler Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Kids' Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Teen Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Playroom Decorating Ideas
- How to Design Children's Rooms
- Safety Tips for Decorating Kids' Rooms
- Guide to Decorating Kids' Rooms
- Kids' Rooms Decor