Decorating ideas for your teen's bedroom don't have to be expensive. If you think you have to invest in a wealth of brand-new matching furniture to set up a cool teen's room, take a second look. Pink and white never looked so hip!
© Michael Dunne
A black garden bench has an airy look that keeps it in sync with the light look
of this room. Find reasonably priced furniture at resale shops.
Designer: Laura Bohn Design Associates. Architect: Shope Reno Wharton
A collection of unmatched pieces with graceful lines finds a home in this rather spacious room, but, even without the square footage, a space like this is anything but square. Are these pieces French antiques or just inspired finds? Who needs to know? The classic girl's room recipe of powder pink and white is enlivened by touches of dramatic black plus a rainbow of interesting jewel tones.
Look for furniture like this everywhere from casual outdoor furniture stores to resale shops, and keep function in mind. Without trying too hard, the result is an enviable offhand charm that can go the distance.
You'll find more smart ways to decorate your teen's bedroom on the next page.~Naturally Smart Teen Bedroom Decorating Idea
What You'll Need
1. Use craft glue to attach cork piece to foam, and let dry. Glue second cork piece on top of first; let dry.
2. Place batting over board so 2 inches hangs over on each side. Hot glue batting edges to back of board, making sure it is straight and lies smooth. Put fabric over batting, and secure in same manner as batting.
3. Starting in bottom left corner, stretch piece of ribbon diagonally over board. Let last 2 inches of each ribbon wrap around back of board. Glue ends in place. Continue attaching ribbon, moving up board diagonally and spacing each ribbon 4 inches apart. When completed diagonally in 1 direction, attach ribbon in opposite diagonal direction to create a checkerboard effect.
4. Position button over intersection of 2 ribbons, and stitch in place. Repeat at all ribbon intersections.
Source : HowStuffWork
- Kids' Rooms
- Baby Nursery Decorating Ideas
- Toddler Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Kids' Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Playroom Decorating Ideas
- How to Design Children's Rooms
- Safety Tips for Decorating Kids' Rooms
- Guide to Decorating Kids' Rooms
- Kids' Rooms Decor